To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Monday, November 4, 2013

Cosmos and other Flowers with I want my life to glorify my Lord and King and There is singing up in heaven such as we have never known

I want my life to glorify my Lord and King;
I want to please and honor Him in ev’rything;
I want my life to tell men that He is my Guide;
I want the world to know He’s walking by my side.

Oh, that my life might magnify the Savior’s pow’r;
Oh, that my deeds might witness to His grace each hour;
Oh, that my words might magnify His holy name,
So let my heart and voice His mighty pow’r proclaim.

I want my life to testify that He can save;
I want to help to make His crimson banner wave;
I want to tell the blessed story ev’ry day;
I want to be a light to others on their way.

Chorus
I want to live as Jesus lives, I want to love as Jesus loved,
I want to serve and honor Him and please Him in ev’rything;
I want to live as Jesus lived, I want to love as Jesus loved,
I want my life to testify that He’s my Lord and King.

J. P. Scholfield

There is singing up in heaven such as we have never known,
Where the angels sing the praises of the Lamb upon the throne;
Their sweet harps are ever tuneful and their voices always clear,
Oh, that we might be more like them while we serve the Master here.

But I hear another anthem, blending voices clear and strong,
“Unto Him who hath redeemed us and hath bought us,” is the song;
We have come thro’ tribulations to this land so fair and bright,
In the fountain freely flowing He hath made our garments white.

Then the angels stand and listen, for they cannot join that song,
Like the sound of many waters, by that happy blood-washed throng;
For they sing about great trials, battles fought and vict’ries won,
And they praise their great Redeemer who hath said to them, “well done.”

So, although I’m no an angel, yet I know that over there
I will join a blessed chorus that the angels cannot share;
I will sing about my Savior who upon dark Calvary
Freely pardoned my transgressions, died to set a sinner free.

Chorus
Holy, holy, is what the angels sing,
And I expect to help them make the courts of heaven ring;
But when I sing redemption’s story they will fold their wings,
For angels never felt the joys that our salvation brings.

Rev. Johnson Oatman, Jr.


No comments:

Post a Comment