To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Monday, February 24, 2014

Sunflowers, Candle with I sing the love of God, my Father and Jesus, my Saviour, look on me

I sing the love of God, my Father,
Whose Spirit abides within,
Who changes all my grief to gladness,
And pardons me all my sin.
Tho’ clouds may lower, dark and dreary,
Yet he has promised to be near;
He gives me sunshine for my shadow,
And “beauty for ashes,” here.

I sing the love of God, my Savior,
Who suffered upon the tree,
That, in the secret of his presence,
My bondage might freedom be.
He comes “to bind the brokenhearted;”
He comes the fainting soul to cheer;
He gives me “oil of joy” for mourning,
And “beauty for ashes,” here.

I sing the beauty of the Gospel
That scatters, not thorns, but flow’rs,
That bids me scatter smiles and sunbeams
Wherever are lonely hours.
The “garment of his praise” it offers
For “heaviness of spirit” drear;
It gives me sunshine for my shadow,
And “beauty for ashes,” here.

Chorus
He gives me joy in place of sorrow;
He gives me love that casts out fear;
He gives me sunshine for my shadow,
And “beauty for ashes,” here.
                                 J. G. Crabbe
  Jesus, my Saviour, look on me,
  For I am weary and opprest;
I come to cast myself on Thee:
  Thou art my rest.

  Look down on me, for I am weak;
  I feel the toilsome journey’s length;
Thine aid omnipotent I seek:
  Thou art my strength.

  I am bewildered on my way,
  Dark and tempestuous is the night;
O shed Thou forth some cheering ray!
  Thou art my light.

  I hear the storms around me rise;
  But when I dread th’ impending shock,
My spirit to the refuge flies:
  Thou art my rock.

  When Satan flings his fiery darts,
  I look to Thee; my terrors cease;
Thy cross a hiding place imparts:
  Thou art my peace.

  Standing alone on Jordan’s brink,
  In that tremendous, latest strife,
Thou wilt not suffer me to sink:
  Thou art my life.

  Thou wilt my every want supply,
  E’en to the end, whate’er befall;
Through life, in death, eternally,
  Thou art my all.
        Charlotte Elliott

No comments:

Post a Comment