To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Monday, February 3, 2014

A Little on the Wild Side with Nearer, still nearer, close to thy heart and O that I knew the secret place

Nearer, still nearer, close to thy heart,
Draw me, my Savior, so precious thou art;
Fold me, O fold me close to thy breast,
Shelter me safe in that “Haven of Rest,”
Shelter me safe in that “Haven of Rest.”

Nearer, still nearer, nothing I bring,
Naught as an off’ring to Jesus my King;
Only my sinful, now contrite heart,
Grant me the cleansing thy blood doth impart,
Grant me the cleansing thy blood doth impart.

Nearer, still nearer, Lord, to be thine,
Sin, with its follies, I gladly resign;
All of its pleasures, pomp and its pride,
Give me but Jesus, my Lord crucified,
Give me but Jesus, my Lord crucified.

Nearer, still nearer, while life shall last,
Till all its struggles and trials are past;
Then thro’ eternity, ever I’ll be
Nearer, my Savior, still nearer to thee,
Nearer, my Savior, still nearer to thee.
                               C. H. Morris

O that I knew the secret place,
  Where I might find my God!
I’d spread my wants before His face,
  And pour my woes abroad.

I’d tell Him how my sins arise,
  What sorrows I sustain;
How grace decays, and comfort dies,
  And leaves my heart in pain.

He knows what arguments I’d take
  To wrestle with my God;
I’d plead for His own mercy’s sake,
  And for my Saviour’s blood.

My God will pity my complaints,
  And heal my broken bones;
He takes the meaning of His saints,
  The language of their groans.

Arise, my soul, from deep distress,
  And banish every fear;
He calls thee to His throne of grace,
  To spread thy sorrows there.

No comments:

Post a Comment