To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Falling in House with ‘Tis the blessed hour of prayer, when our hearts lowly bend and Let worldly minds the world pursue

‘Tis the blessed hour of prayer, when our hearts lowly bend,
And we gather to Jesus, our Savior and Friend;
If we come to him in faith, his protection to share,
What a balm for the weary!  O how sweet to be there!

‘Tis the blessed hour of prayer, when the Savior draws near,
With a tender compassion his children to hear;
When he tells us we may cast at his feet ev’ry care,
What a balm for the weary!  O how sweet to be there!

‘Tis the blessed hour of prayer, when the tempted and tried
To the Savior who loves them their sorrow confide;
With a sympathizing heart he removes ev’ry care;
What a balm for the weary!  Oh how sweet to be there!

At the blessed hour of prayer, trusting him, we believe
That the blessing we’re needing we’ll surely receive;
In the fullness of this trust we shall lose ev’ry care;
What a balm for the weary!  O how sweet to be there!

Chorus
Blessed hour of prayer,
Blessed hour of prayer;
What a balm for the weary!
O how sweet to be there!
             Fanny J. Crosby
Let worldly minds the world pursue,
  It has no charms for me;
Once I admired its follies too,
  But grace has set me free.

Those follies now no longer please,
  No more delight afford:
Far from my heart be joys like these,
  Now I have known the Lord.

As by the light of op’ning day
  The stars are all concealed,
So earthly pleasures fade away
  When Jesus is revealed.

Creatures no more divide my choice,
  I bid them all depart;
His name, and love, and gracious voice,
  Shall fix my roving heart.

Now, Lord, I would be Thine alone,
  And wholly live to Thee;
Yet worthless still, myself I own,
  Thy worth is all my plea.

Rev. John Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment