To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Flowers in Blue Vase with I know ‘tis the voice of my Savior that whispers and Christian, dost thou see them

I know ‘tis the voice of my Savior that whispers,
Be not afraid, be not afraid;
I know on the arm of his infinite mercy
My hope is stayed, my hope is stayed.

I know ‘tis the voice of my Savior that whispers,
Peace, be still, peace, be still;
And thus I have learned to be calm and submissive,
Lost in his will, lost in his will.

I know ‘tis the voice of my Savior that whispers
Softly to me, softly to me,
The way may be dark, but my grace is sufficient
Ever for thee, ever for thee.

I know ‘tis the voice of my Savior that whispers,
Home draweth nigh, home draweth nigh;
I know I shall find in his kingdom of glory
Rest by and by, rest by and by.

Chorus
I know he is able to keep
Whate’er I commit to his care;
I know that when trials are many and deep
He answers my pray’r.
                          Fanny J. Crosby

Christian, dost thou see them
  On the holy ground,
How the hosts of darkness
  Compass thee around?
Christian, up and smite them,
  Counting gain but loss;
Smite them, Christ is with thee,
  Soldier of the cross.

Christian, dost thou feel them,
  How they work within,
Striving, tempting, luring,
  Goading into sin?
Christian, never tremble;
  Never be downcast;
Gird thee for the battle,
  Watch, and pray, and fast.

Christian, dost thou hear them,
  How they speak thee fair?
“Always fast and vigil?
  Always watch and prayer?”
Christian, answer boldly:
  “While I breathe I pray:”
Peace shall follow battle,
  Night shall end in day.

“Well I know thy trouble,
  O My servant true;
Thou art very weary,
  I was weary too;
But that toil shall make thee
  Some day all Mine own,
And the end of sorrow
  Shall be near My throne.”
        Andrew of Crete, Tr. J. M. Neale

No comments:

Post a Comment