To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Friday, February 21, 2014

Lone Zinnia with At the cross I found my Savior and Stand up, my soul, shake off thy fears

At the cross I found my Savior,
There my heart was satisfied;
Stilled each eager, anxious longing,
Looking at the Crucified.

Now no longer heavy laden
With the sins I cannot bear;
For my loving Savior bids me
Cast on him my ev’ry care.

All my doubts and fears I bring him,
All my sorrow, all my grief;
And his tender touch of healing
Ever gives me sweet relief.

O what peace, what joy, what comfort
In my Savior I have found,
Help, oh, help me sound his praises,
Until heav’n and earth resound.

Chorus
O the sunshine, blessed sunshine,
Flooding all my soul today;
For the precious smile of Jesus
Drives the darkness far away.
                         Kate Ulmer


  Stand up, my soul, shake off thy fears,
  And gird the gospel armor on;
March to the gates of endless joy,
  Where Jesus, thy great Captain’s gone.

  Hell and thy sins resist thy course,
  But hell and sin are vanquished foes;
Thy Jesus nailed them to the cross,
  And sung the triumph when He rose.

  Then let my soul march boldly on,
  Press forward to the heavenly gate;
There peace and joy eternal reign,
  And glittering robes for conquerors wait.

  There shall I wear a starry crown,
  And triumph in almighty grace;
While all the armies of the skies
  Join in my glorious Leader’s praise.
        Rev. Isaac Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment