To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Touch of Home with One day at a time to carry the cross and My God, is any hour so sweet

One day at a time to carry the cross,
To bear it for Jesus through peril and loss,
To win living jewels to wear in the crown
The Master will give, when the cross is laid down.

One day at a time, a duty for each,
Some lives we may sweeten, some hearts we may reach;
And no better blessing the moments can bring
Than off’ring us service for Jesus our King.

One day at a time; the promise is sweet,
His grace is sufficient for trials we meet;
Tho’ stormy the weather, tho’ thorny the way,
He still will apportion thy strength as thy day.

One day at a time new lessons to learn;
The hand sorely wounded the pages will turn,
He’ll show us rich treasure, much more than we ask,
We’ll break into song in the midst of the task.

Chorus
One day at a time as upward we climb,
Till sweetly the bells ring the vesper chime;
One day at a time, till sunsets are o’er,
Till cloudless the sky on eternity’s shore.
                                      E. E. Hewitt

  My God, is any hour so sweet,
  From blush of morn to evening star,
As that which calls me to Thy feet,
  The hour of prayer?

  Blest is that tranquil hour of morn,
  And blest that solemn hour of eve,
When, on the wings of prayer upborne,
  The world I leave.

  No words can tell what sweet relief
  There for my every want I find,
What strength of warfare, balm for grief,
  What peace of mind.

  Hushed is each doubt, gone every fear,
  My spirit seems in heaven to stay,
And e’en the penitential tear
  Is wiped away.

  Lord, till I reach yon blissful shore,
  No privilege so dear shall be
As thus my inmost soul to pour
  In prayer to Thee.
           Charlotte Elliott

No comments:

Post a Comment