To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Reason to Remember with I do not ask to choose my path and The Son of God goes forth to war

I do not ask to choose my path,
Lord, lead me in thy way;
Inspire each tho’t and prompt each word
And make me a blessing today.

Around me, Lord, are sinful men,
Who scorn and disobey;
Use me to win them from their sins
And make me a blessing today.

To those who once thy love have known,
But now are far astray,
Help me to win them back to thee,
And make me a blessing today.

Some saints of thine are in distress,
And for deliv’rance pray;
O let me go and help them, Lord,
And make me a blessing today.

Whatever errand thou hast, Lord,
Send me, and I’ll obey;
Use me in any way thou wilt,
And make me a blessing today.

Chorus

Bless me, Lord, and make me a blessing,
I’ll gladly thy message convey;
Use me to help some poor, needy soul,
And make me a blessing today.
                        Rev. H. C. Zelley

  The Son of God goes forth to war,
  A kingly crown to gain;
His blood red banner streams afar:
  Who follows in His train?
Who best can drink his cup of woe,
  Triumphant over pain,
Who patient bears his cross below,
  He follows in His train.

  That martyr first, whose eagle eye
  Could pierce beyond the grave;
Who saw his Master in the sky,
  And called on Him to save;
Like Him, with pardon on His tongue,
  In midst of mortal pain,
He pray’d for them that did the wrong:
  Who follows in His train?

  A noble band, the chosen few,
  On whom the Spirit came,
Twelve valiant saints, their hope they knew
  And mocked the torch of flame;
They met the tyrant’s brandished steel,
  The lion’s gory mane,
They bowed their necks the strokes to feel:
  Who follows in their train?

  A noble army, men and boys,
  The matron and the maid,
Around the throne of God rejoice,
  In robes of light arrayed.
They climbed the steep ascent of heaven
  Through peril, toil, and pain;
O God, to us may grace be given
  To follow in their train.
        Bishop Reginald Heber

No comments:

Post a Comment