To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

From the Past with “Come unto Me, ye weary and I need Thee ev’ry hour

“Come unto Me, ye weary,
And I will give you rest,”
O blessed voice of Jesus,
Which comes to hearts opprest!
It tells of benediction,
Of pardon, grace and peace;
Of joy that has no ending,
Of love that cannot cease.

“Come unto Me, ye wand’rers,
And I will give you light,”
O loving voice of Jesus,
Which comes to cheer the night!
Our hearts were filled with sadness,
And we had lost our way,
But he has bro’t us gladness,
And songs at break of day.

“Come unto Me, ye fainting,
And I will give you life,”
O cheering voice of Jesus,
Which comes to aid the strife!
The foe is stern and eager,
The fight will not be long,
But thou has made us mighty,
And stronger than the strong.

“And whosoever cometh,
I will not cast him out,”
O welcome voice of Jesus,
Which drives away our doubt!
Which calls us very sinners,
Unworthy tho’ we be
Of love so free and boundless,
To come, O Lord, to thee.
                   Wm. C. Dix
I need Thee ev’ry hour,
  Most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine
  Can peace afford.

I need Thee every hour,
  Stay Thou near by;
Temptations lose their power
  When Thou art nigh.

I need Thee every hour,
  In joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide,
  Or life is vain.

I need Thee every hour;
  Teach me Thy will;
And Thy rich promises
  In me fulfil.

I need Thee every hour,
  Most Holy One;
O make me Thine indeed,
  Thou blessed Son!

Chorus
I need Thee, O I need Thee,
Ev’ry hour I need Thee;
O bless me now, my Saviour,
I come to Thee!
     Mrs. Annie S. Hawks

No comments:

Post a Comment