To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Blue Flowers with The night is dark, and I am far from land and Jesus, who knows full well

The night is dark, and I am far from land;
I yield the helm, O Lord, to thy command;
Be thou my guardian, and my refuge be;
Shipwreck’d and lost, I look to thee,
Great Pilot of the sea.

The surf breaks white and angry on the shore;
Along the craggy path the breakers roar;
Come thou on board, my trembling barque to guide,
And for my sinking soul provide,
Great Pilot of the sea.

Come thou on board, and take the helm in hand,
The tempest shock I then can safe withstand;
Come thou on board, and with thy sovereign will
Say to the hungry waves, Be still!
Great Pilot of the sea.

Chorus
I look to thee, I look to thee,
Great Pilot of the sea;
Shipwreck’d and lost, I look to thee,
Great Pilot of the sea.
                                 J. E. Rankin


Jesus, who knows full well
  The heart of ev’ry saint;
Invites us all our griefs to tell,
  To pray and never faint.

He bows His gracious ear,
  We never plead in vain;
Yet we must wait till He appear,
  And pray, and pray again.

Though unbelief suggest,
  Why should we longer wait?
He bids us never give Him rest,
  But be importunate.

Jesus, the Lord, will hear
  His chosen when they cry,
Yes, though He may a while forbear,
  He’ll help them from on high.
        Rev. John Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment