To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Moonflowers, Cosmos with Thou, whose hand thus far hath led me and While Thee I seek, protecting Power

Thou, whose hand thus far hath led me,
Wheresoe’er my path may be;
Lord, I pray that Thou wilt ever
Draw, and keep me near to Thee.

When the way is dark and cheerless,
When no ray of light I see,
May Thine arms of love and mercy
Draw me ever near to Thee.

Thou in whom my soul is trusting,
Hope of life and joy to me;
While on earth a pilgrim stranger,
Draw me ever near to Thee.

Refrain
Near to Thee, O Lord, to Thee,
Draw me ever near to Thee.
      Julia Sterling

  While Thee I seek, protecting Power,
  Be my vain wishes stilled;
And may this consecrated hour
  With better hopes be filled.

  Thy love the powers of thought bestowed;
  To Thee my thoughts would soar:
Thy mercy o’er my life has flowed;
  That mercy I adore.

  In each event of life, how clear
  Thy ruling hand I see;
Each blessing to my soul more dear
  Because conferred by Thee.

  In every joy that crowns my days,
  In every pain I bear,
My heart shall find delight in praise,
  Or seek relief in prayer.

  When gladness wings my favored hour,
  Thy love my thoughts shall fill;
Resigned, when storms of sorrow lower,
  My soul shall meet Thy will.

  My lifted eye, without a tear,
  The lowering storm shall see;
My steadfast heart shall know no fear;
  That heart will rest on Thee.
        Helen M. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment