To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Bible with Blessed Saviour, hear Thou me and THE Spirit breathes upon the word

Blessed Saviour, hear Thou me,
In my hour of sadness;
Draw my weary heart to Thee,
Turn its grief to gladness.

Hear and grant my earnest pray’r,
Leave, O leave me never;
Sheltered ‘neath Thy tender care,
Hide and keep me ever.

Jesus, Saviour, lead Thou me
Thro’ each night of sorrow,
Till I come to dwell with Thee,
In a glorious morrow.

Keep me, Saviour, near to Thee,
Till I cross death’s river;
Then within Thy mansions fair,
Dwell with Thee forever.

Chorus
With the cords of love untold,
Closer, closer bind me,
Safe within Thy precious fold,
Where no storm can find me.
           Lyman G. Cuyler

The Spirit breathes upon the word,
  And brings the truth to sight;
Precepts and promises afford
  A sanctifying light.

A glory gilds the sacred page,
  Majestic, like the sun:
It gives a light to every age;
  It gives, but borrows none.

The Hand that gave it still supplies
  The gracious light and heat:
His truths upon the nations rise;
  They rise, but never set.

Let everlasting thanks be Thine
  For such a bright display
As makes a world of darkness shine
  With beams of heavenly day.

My soul rejoices to pursue
  The steps of Him I love,
Till glory break upon my view
  In brighter worlds above.
     William Cowper

No comments:

Post a Comment