To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Bright Cosmos with Rejoice, rejoice, O child of light and There is a name I love to hear

Rejoice, rejoice, O child of light,
Unknown to earthly fame;
Far, far beyond these scenes of night
Shines forth your humble name;
By angel band, at God’s command,
With joy ‘twas written down;
On that blest day you sought the way
To win a fadeless crown.

Rejoice, rejoice, ye homeless saints,
Who own no mansion here;
Forever cease your sad complaints,
And dry each falling tear;
Far, far away, in endless day,
Where dwell the good and true,
A mansions stands, not made with hands,
All fitted up for you.

Rejoice, rejoice, ye weary ones,
Who long with cares have striv’n,
For brighter far than many suns
Shines forth your name in heav’n;
To that fair shore shall come no more
The ills we suffer here;
Those regions blest give perfect rest,
And life without a tear.

Then let us cease to envy those
Who gain earth’s pomp and pow’r;
Their glory, like the fading rose,
Is only for an hour;
But we shall live where God doth give
Eternal life and love;
Within the gate our dear ones wait,
To welcome us above.
       John H. Yates
There is a name I love to hear;
I love to sing its worth;
It sounds like music in mine ear-
The sweetest Name on earth.

It tells me of a Saviour’s love
Who died to set me free;
It tells me of His precious blood-
The sinner’s perfect plea.

It tells of One whose loving heart
Can feel my smallest woe-
Who in each sorrow bears a part
That none can bear below.

It bids my trembling soul rejoice,
And dries each rising tear;
It tells me in a “still small voice,”
To trust, and not to fear.
     F. Whitfield

No comments:

Post a Comment