To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Bible, Hollyhocks with Lord, teach us how to pray and When sins and fears prevailing rise

Lord, teach us how to pray,
Inspire and strengthen faith;
Upon these dull, cold hearts of clay,
Send down a quick’ning breath.

Lord, teach us how to pray,
Show us the throne of grace,
Where mercy reigns in gentle sway,
Revealed in Jesus’ face.

Lord, teach us how to pray;
We know not what to seek,
Or how to ask the needed grace;
Or with what words to speak.

Lord, teach us how to pray;
Bring us within the vail,
Thro’ Christ, “the new and living way,”
Where pray’r can never fail.

Chorus
Lord, teach us how to pray,
The Spirit now impart,
That we, before Thy throne today,
May come with perfect heart.
       D. W. Whittle

  When sins and fears prevailing rise,
  And fainting hope almost expires;
Jesus, to Thee I lift mine eyes,
  To Thee I breathe my soul’s desires.

  Art Thou not mine, my living Lord?
  And can my hope, my comfort die,
Fixed on Thy everlasting word,
  That word which built the earth and sky?

  If my immortal Saviour lives,
  Then my immortal life is sure;
His word a firm foundation gives,
  Here let me build and rest secure.

  Here let my faith unshaken dwell,
  Immovable the promise stands;
Not all the powers of earth, or hell,
  Can e’er dissolve the sacred bands.

  Here, O my soul, thy trust repose;
  Since Jesus is forever mine,
Not death itself, that last of foes,
  Shall break a union so divine.
     Anna Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment