To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Monday, December 23, 2013

Vases and Ten thousand times ten thousand and I am longing for home

  Ten thousand times ten thousand,
  In sparkling raiment bright,
The armies of the ransomed saints
  Throng up the steeps of light:
‘Tis finished, all is finished,
  Their fight with death and sin:
Fling open wide the golden gates,
  And let the victors in.

  What rush of hallelujahs
  Fills all the earth and sky!
What ringing of a thousand harps
  Bespeaks the triumph nigh!
O day, for which creation
  And all its tribes were made!
O joy, for all its former woes
  A thousand fold repaid!

  O then what raptured greetings
  On Canaan’s happy shore,
What knitting severed friendships up,
  Where partings are no more!
Then eyes with joy shall sparkle,
  That brimmed with tears of late,
Orphans no longer fatherless,
  Nor widows desolate.

     Henry Alford
I am longing for home
In that “Land of the blest,”
I am weary of toil,
And up there I shall rest,
And I think, O how oft,
When I’m worried with care,
Oh, how blessed ‘twill be,
When at last I am there.

I am longing for home
Where there’ll be no more pain,
I shall meet with no loss,
For there all will be gain;
Tho’ I know not just what,
The great future will be,
Yet I know it will bring
Naught but blessing to me.

I am longing for home,
Soon my journey’ll be done,
And I feel that my life
In that land is begun;
Soon the twilight of earth
Will give way to the dawn,
In the beauteous light,
Of that glorious dawn.

Chorus
Longing for home, longing for home,
Longing for home in the land of the blest,
Longing for home, glory and home,
Home of the Saviour, of peace and of rest.

Violet E. King

No comments:

Post a Comment