To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Cat at Rest with How are thy servants blest, O Lord! and Amid the trials which I meet

  How are thy servants blest, O Lord!
  How sure is their defense!
Eternal Wisdom is their guide,
  Their help, Omnipotence.

  In foreign realms, and lands remote,
  Supported by thy care,
Through burning climes they pass unhurt
  And breathe in tainted air.

  When by the dreadful tempest borne
  High on the broken wave,
They know thou art not slow to hear,
  Nor impotent to save.

  The storm is laid, the winds retire,
  Obedient to thy will;
The sea, that roars at thy command,
  At thy command is still.

  In midst of dangers, fears, and deaths
  Thy goodness we’ll adore;
We’ll praise thee for thy mercies past,
  And humbly hope for more.

  Our life, while thou preserv’st that life,
  Thy sacrifice shall be;
And death, when death shall be our lot,
  Shall join our souls to thee.

Joseph Addison
Amid the trials which I meet,
Amid the thorns that pierce my feet,
One thought remains supremely sweet,
Thou thinkest, Lord, of me!

The cares of life come thronging fast,
Upon my soul their shadow cast;
Their gloom reminds my heart at last,
Thou thinkest, Lord, of me!

Let shadows come, let shadows go,
Let life be bright or dark with woe,
I am content, for this I know,
Thou thinkest, Lord, of me!

Chorus
Thou thinkest, Lord, of me,
Thou thinkest, Lord, of me,
What need I fear since Thou art near,
And thinkest, Lord, of me.

E. D. Mund

No comments:

Post a Comment