To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Roses and Jewelry with A stranger in the world below and Our Fatherland, thy name so dear

  A stranger in the world below
  I calmly sojourn here;
Nor can its happiness or woe
  Provoke my hope or fear;
Its evils in a moment end,
  Its joys as soon are past;
But O, the bliss to which I tend
  Eternally shall last!

  To that Jerusalem above,
  With singing I repair;
While in the flesh, my hope and love,
  My heart and soul, are there.
There my exalted Saviour stands,
  My merciful High Priest;
And still extends his wounded hands,
  To take me to his breast.

Charles Wesley

Our Fatherland, thy name so dear
Our souls repeat while strangers here;
And oh, how oft we sigh for thee,
Our Fatherland beyond the sea.

Above the stars, above the skies,
Thy tow’ring hills majestic rise;
Thy sunny fields with verdure glow,
And fadeless flowers in beauty grow.

There Jesus reigns, our Saviour-King,
And one by one his own will bring,
Thy songs to join, thy bliss to share,
O Fatherland, our Zion fair.

No tears shall dim, no pain destroy
The light of peace, the smiles of joy;
No more we’ll clasp the parting hand
Within thy gates, our Fatherland.

Chorus
Our Fatherland, dear Fatherland,
We long to press thy golden strand
And hail the bright and shining band,
In thy sweet vales, dear Fatherland.

Fanny J. Crosby

No comments:

Post a Comment