To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Rainbow with Lord, whom winds and seas obey and In the secret of his presence

Lord, whom winds and seas obey,
Guide us through the watery way;
In the hollow of thy hand
Hide, and bring us safe to land.

Jesus, let our faithful mind
Rest, on thee alone reclined:
Every anxious thought repress;
Keep our souls in perfect peace.

Keep the souls whom now we leave;
Bid them to each other cleave;
Bid them walk on life’s rough sea;
Bid them come by faith to thee.

Save, till all these tempests end,
All who on thy love depend;
Waft our happy spirits o’er;
Land us on the heavenly shore.

Charles Wesley
In the secret of his presence
I am kept from strife of tongues;
His pavilion is around me,
And within are ceaseless songs!
Stormy winds his word fulfilling,
Beat without, but cannot harm,
For the Master’s voice is stilling,
Storm and tempest to a calm.

In the secret of his presence
All the darkness disappears;
For a sun, that knows no setting,
Throws a rainbow on my tears.
So the day grows ever lighter,
Broad’ning to the perfect noon;
So the day grows ever brighter,
Heav’n is coming, near and soon.

In the secret of his presence
Nevermore can foes alarm;
In the shadow of the Highest
I can meet them with a psalm;
For the strong pavilion hides me,
Turns their fiery darts aside,
And I know whate’er betides me,
I shall live because He died!

In the secret of his presence
Is a sweet unbroken rest;
Pleasures, joys, in glorious fullness,
Making earth like Eden blest:
So my peace grows deep and deeper,
Widening as it nears the sea,
For my Savior is my Keeper,
Keeping mine and keeping me!

Chorus
In the secret of his presence
Jesus keeps, I know not how;
In the shadow of the Highest,
I am resting, hiding now.

Rev. Henry Burton, M. A.

No comments:

Post a Comment