To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Friday, October 18, 2013

White Roses with Work, for the night is coming, and I know not what awaits me,

Work, for the night is coming,
Work thro’ the morning hours;
Work while the dew is sparkling,
Work ‘mid springing flow’rs;
Work when the day grows brighter,
Work in the glowing sun;
Work, for the night is coming,
When man’s work is done.

Work, for the night is coming,
Work, thro’ the sunny noon;
Fill brightest hours with labor,
Rest comes sure and soon.
Give ev’ry flying minute
Something to keep in store:
Work, for the night is coming,
When man works no more.

Work, for the night is coming,
Under the sunset skies;
While their bright tints are glowing,
Work, for daylight flies.
Work till the last beam fadeth,
Fadeth to shine no more;
Work, for the night is dark’ning,
When man’s work is o’er.

Annie L. Coghill

I know not what awaits me,
God kindly veils mine eyes,
And o’er each step of my onward way
He makes new scenes to rise;
And ev’ry joy He sends me, comes
A sweet and glad surprise.

One step I see before me,
‘Tis all I need to see,
The light of heav’n more brightly shines,
When earth’s illusions flee;
And sweetly through the silence, came
His loving “Follow Me."

O blissful lack of wisdom,
‘Tis blessed not to know;
He holds me with His own right hand,
And will not let me go,
And lulls my troubled soul to rest
In Him who loves me so.

So on I go not knowing,
I would not if I might;
I’d rather walk in the dark with God
Than go alone in the light;
I’d rather walk by faith with Him
Than go alone by sight.

Chorus

Where He may lead I’ll follow,
My trust in Him repose;
And ev’ry hour in perfect peace I’ll sing,
He knows, He knows,
And ev’ry hour in perfect peace I’ll sing,
He knows, He knows.

Mary J. Brainard

No comments:

Post a Comment