To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Saturday, October 12, 2013

White Roses and White Cosmos with O Master, let me walk with Thee and We wait for Thee, O Son of God

O Master, let me walk with Thee
In lowly paths of service free;
Tell me Thy secret; help me bear
The strain of toil, the fret of care.

Help me the slow of  heart to move
By some clear, winning word of love;
Teach me the wayward feet to stay,
And guide them in the homeward way.

Teach me Thy patience! still with Thee
In closer, dearer company,
In work that keeps faith sweet and strong,
In trust that triumphs over wrong,

In hope that sends a shining ray
Far down the future’s broad’ning way,
In peace that only Thou canst give,
With Thee, O Master, let me live!

Washington Gladden

We wait for Thee, O Son of God,
  And long for Thine appearing;
“A little while,” Thou’lt come, O Lord,
  Thy waiting people cheering.
Thus hast Thou said: we lift the head
  In joyful expectation,
  For Thou wilt bring salvation.

We wait for Thee, content to share,
  In patience, days of trial;
So meekly Thou the cross didst bear,
  Our sin, reproach, denial,
And shall not we receive with Thee
  The cup of shame and sorrow,
  Until the promised morrow?

We wait for Thee; for Thou, e’en here,
  Hast won our heart’s affection;
In spirit still we find Thee near,
  Our solace and protection.
In cloudless light, and glory bright,
  We soon with joy shall greet Thee,
  And in the air shall meet Thee.

We wait for Thee-Thou wilt arise
  Whilst hope her watch is keeping;
Forgotten then, in glad surprise,
  Shall be our years of weeping.
Our hearts beat high, the dawn is nigh
  That ends our pilgrim story,
  In Thine eternal glory!

P. F. Hiller

No comments:

Post a Comment