To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Three Roses with Darkness may o’ertake me and my song forsake me and No human eyes thy face may see

Darkness may o’ertake me and my song forsake me,
But alone I never shall be;
For the Friend beside me promised He would guide me
And will keep His promise to me.

Should misfortune meet me, friends may fail to greet me,
But if true to Jesus I stay
He will still uphold me, let His love enfold me
Ev’ry dreary mile of the way.

How the tho’t enthralls me, that whate’er befalls me
One will always love me the same;
Not a trial ever causes Him to sever
From the ones who honor His name.

Chorus
He will keep His promise to me,
All the way with me He will go;
He has never broken any promise spoken;
He will keep His promise, I know.

James Rowe
No human eyes thy face may see,
  No human thought thy form may know;
But all creation dwells in thee,
  And thy great life thro’ all doth flow.

And yet, Oh, strange and wondrous tho’t!
  Thou art a God who hearest prayer:
And every heart with sorrow fraught,
  To seek thy present aid may dare.

And thou wilt turn them not aside
  Who cannot solve thy life divine,
But would give up all reason’s pride,
  To know their hearts approved by thine.

And thine unceasing love gave birth
  To our dear Lord, thy holy Son,
Who left a perfect proof on earth
  That duty, love, and trust are one.

So, though we faint on life’s dark hill,
  And thought grow weak, and knowledge flee,
Yet faith shall teach us courage still,
  And love shall guide us on to thee.

T. W. Higginson

No comments:

Post a Comment