To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Poppies and Yellow Iris with Take the world, but give me Jesus,- and Our way is often rugged

Take the world, but give me Jesus,-
All its joys are but a name;
But His love abideth ever,
Thro’ eternal years the same.

Take the world, but give me Jesus,
Sweetest comfort of my soul;
With my Savior watching o’er me,
I can sing tho’ billows roll.

Take the world, but give me Jesus,
Let me view His constant smile.
Then thro’out my pilgrim journey
Light will cheer me all the while.

Take the world, but give me Jesus;
In His cross my trust shall be,
Till, with clearer, brighter vision,
Face to face my Lord I see.

Chorus
Oh, the height and depth of mercy!
Oh, the length and breadth of love!
Oh, the fullness of redemption,
Pledge of endless life above.

Fanny J. Crosby

Our way is often rugged
  While here on earth we roam,
And thorns are in the pathway;
  But we are going home.

To Marah’s bitter waters
  We oft have murm’ring come,
But God the cup has sweetened;
  And so we’re going home.

When of the desert weary,
  Our God His grace has shown
By resting us at Elim,
  With sweet foretastes of home.

With hunger often fainting,
  We’ve made complaining moan;
But, fed by heavenly manna,
  We still are going home.

Some stand to-day on Nebo,
  The journey nearly done,
And some are in the valley;
  But all are going home.

Chorus

We’re going, going,
Yes, we are going home;
We soon shall cross the river,
And be with Christ at home.

El. Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment