To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Monday, October 14, 2013

Still Life Before a Still Life Image with Beautiful valley of Eden! and Rock of Ages, cleft for me

Beautiful valley of Eden!
Sweet is thy noontide calm;
Over the heart of the weary,
Breathing thy waves of balm.

Over the heart of the mourner
Shineth thy golden day,
Wafting the songs of the angels
Down from the far away.

There is the home of my Savior;
There, with the blood-washed throng,
Over the highlands of glory,
Rolleth the great new song.

Refrain
Beautiful valley of Eden,
Home of the pure and blest,
How often amid the wild billows
I dream of thy rest, sweet rest.

Walter O. Cushing

Rock of Ages, cleft for me!
I am hidden safe in Thee:
For the water and the blood,
From Thy riven side which flow’d,
Have of sin the double cure-
Cleans’d me from its guilt and pow’r.

Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill the law’s demands:
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone-
Thou must save, and Thou alone!

Nothing in my hand to bring,
Simply to Thy cross to cling,
Naked came I, Lord, for dress,
Helpless, looked to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fount did fly-
Thou hast washed me, brought me nigh.

While I draw this fleeting breath-
Though my eyelids close in death-
When I rise to worlds unknown-
See Thee on Thy judgment-throne,-
Rock of Ages, cleft for me!
I am hidden safe in Thee!

A. M. Toplady

No comments:

Post a Comment