To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Tulips and Glassware with Son of the carpenter, receive and Are you living on the uplands, where the mountain breezes sweep

  Son of the carpenter, receive
  This humble work of mine;
Worth to my meanest labor give,
  By joining it to thine.

  Servant, at once, and Lord of all,
  While dwelling here below,
Thou didst not scorn our earthly toil
  And weariness to know.

  Thy bright example I pursue,
  To thee in all things rise,
And all I think, or speak, or do,
  Is one great sacrifice.

  Careless through outward cares I go,
  From all distraction free:
My hands are but engaged below,
  My heart is still with thee.

  O when wilt thou, my life, appear?
  Then gladly will I cry,
“’Tis done, the work thou gav’st me here,
  ‘Tis finished, Lord,” and die!

Charles Wesley

Are you living on the uplands, where the mountain breezes sweep?
Are you living on the uplands, where the morning sunbeams creep?
Are you trusting in the promise, and the goodness of the Lord?
Are you looking for His coming, and the precious, sure reward?

Are you turning from the valley, where the breath of evil chills?
Are you lifting up your vision to the great, eternal hills?
Have you given up the burden to the God who cares and knows?
Are you living in the sunshine which a Father’s love bestows?

Are you living on the uplands, with the Father’s house in sight?
Do you catch the song of angels, and of saints who walk in white?
Are you trusting in the promise, and the goodness of the Lord?
Are you looking for His coming, and the precious, sure reward?

Chorus
Are you living on the uplands?
Are you trusting in your Lord?
Are you looking for His coming, and the precious, sure reward?

Jessie Brown Pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment