To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Monday, August 19, 2013

Hollyhocks and Papermint with We journey through a vale of tears with O Lamb of God, still keep me

  We journey through a vale of tears,
  By many a cloud o’ercast;
And worldly cares and worldly fears,
  Go with us to the last.

  Not to the last!  Thy word hath said
  Could we but read aright,
“Poor pilgrim, lift in hope thy head,
  At eve it shall be light!”

  Though earthborn shadows now may shroud
  Thy thorny path awhile,
God’s blessed word can part each cloud,
  And bid the sunshine smile.

  Only believe, in living faith,
  His love and power divine;
And ere thy sun shall set in death,
  His light shall round thee shine.

  When tempest clouds are dark on high,
  His bow of love and peace
Shines sweetly in the vaulted sky
  A pledge that storms shall cease.

  Hold on thy way, with hope unchilled
  By faith and not by sight,
And thou shalt own his word fulfilled,
  “At eve it shall be light.”

Bernard BartonO Lamb of God, still keep me
  Near to Thy wounded side;
‘Tis only there in safety
  And peace I can abide.
What foes and snares surround me,
  What doubts and fears within!
The grace that sought and found me
  Alone can keep me clean.

‘Tis only in Thee hiding,
  I know my life secure;
Only in Thee abiding,
  The conflict can endure:
Thine arm the victory gaineth
  O’er every hateful foe;
Thy love my heart sustaineth
  In all its care and woe.

Soon shall my eyes behold Thee,
  With rapture, face to face;
One half hath not been told me
  Of all Thy power and grace;
Thy beauty, Lord, and glory,
  The wonders of Thy love,
Shall be the endless story
  Of all Thy saints above. Amen

Rev. James G. Deck

No comments:

Post a Comment