To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pretty Petals with Away, my unbelieving fear and Somewhere the sun is shining

  Away, my unbelieving fear!
  Fear shall in me no more have place;
My Saviour doth not yet appear,
  He hides the brightness of his face;
But shall I therefore let him go,
  And basely to the tempter yield?
No, in the strength of Jesus, no,
  I never will give up my shield.

  Although the vine its fruit deny,
  Although the olive yield no oil,
The withering fig-trees droop and die,
  The fields elude the tiller’s toil,
The empty stall no herd afford,
  And perish all the bleating race,
Yet will I triumph in the Lord,-
  The God of my salvation praise.

Charles Wesley

Somewhere the sun is shining,
Somewhere the songbirds dwell;
Hush, then, thy sad repining,
God lives, and all is well.

Somewhere the day is longer,
Somewhere the task is done;
Somewhere the heart is stronger,
Somewhere the guerdon won.

Somewhere the load is lifted,
Close by an open gate;
Somewhere the clouds are rifted,
Somewhere the angels wait.

Chorus
Somewhere, Somewhere,
Beautiful Isle of Somewhere!
Land of the true where we live anew,-
Beautiful Isle of Somewhere!

Jessie B. Pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment