To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Roses in a Cookie Jar with Since all the varying scenes of time and Behold the throne of grace

  Since all the varying scenes of time
  God’s watchful eye surveys,
O who so wise to choose our lot,
  Or to appoint our ways?

  Good, when he gives-supremely good,
  Nor less when he denies;
E’en crosses, from his sovereign hand,
  Are blessings in disguise.

  Why should we doubt a Father’s love,
  So constant and so kind?
To his unerring, gracious will
  Be every wish resigned.

James HerveyBehold the throne of grace!
  The promise calls me near:
There Jesus shows a smiling face,
  And waits to answer prayer.

My soul, ask what thou wilt;
  Thou canst not be too bold;
Since His own blood for thee He spilt,
  What else can He withhold?

Thine image, Lord, bestow,
  Thy presence and Thy love;
I ask to serve Thee here below,
  And reign with Thee above.

Teach me to live by faith;
  Conform my will to Thine;
Let me victorious be in death,
  And then in glory shine.

Rev. John Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment