To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Spring Flowers in Gufus Glass with God is my strong salvation and How gengle God's commands

  God is my strong salvation;
  What foe have I to fear?
In darkness and temptation,
  My light, my help, is near:
Though hosts encamp around me,
  Firm in the fight I stand;
What terror can confound me,
  With God at my right hand?

  Place on the Lord reliance;
  My soul, with courage wait;
His truth be thine affiance,
  When faint and desolate;
His might thy heart shall strengthen,
  His love thy joy increase;
Mercy thy days shall lengthen;
  The Lord will give thee peace.
              James Montgomery

  How gentle God’s commands,
  How kind His precepts are!
Come, cast your burdens on the Lord,
  And trust His constant care.

  While Providence supports,
  Let saints securely dwell;
That hand, which bears all nature up,
  Shall guide His children well.

  Why should this anxious load
  Press down your weary mind?
Haste to your heavenly Father’s throne,
  And sweet refreshment find.

  His goodness stands approved,
  Down to the present day;
I’ll drop my burden at His feet,
  And bear a song away.
                  Rev. Philip Doddridge

No comments:

Post a Comment