To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Monday, August 12, 2013

The Pathway with O what, if we are Christ's and I do not ask, O Lord, that life may be

  O what, if we are Christ’s,
  Is earthly shame or loss?
Bright shall the crown of glory be,
  When we have borne the cross.

  Keen was the trial once,
  Bitter the cup of woe,
When martyred saints, baptized in blood,
  Christ’s sufferings shared below.

  Bright is their glory now,
  Boundless their joy above,
Where, on the bosom of their God,
  They rest in perfect love.

  Lord, may that grace be ours,
  Like them in faith to bear
All that of sorrow, grief, or pain,
  May be our portion here.

  Enough, if thou at last
  The word of blessing give,
And let us rest before thy throne,
  Where saints and angels live.

Sir Henry W. BakerI do not ask, O Lord, that life may be
     A pleasant road;
I do not ask that Thou wouldst take from me
     Aught of its load.

I do not ask that flowers should always spring
     Beneath my feet;
I know too well the poison and the sting
     Of things too sweet.

For one thing only, Lord, dear Lord, I plead:
     Lead me aright,
Though strength should falter and though heart should bleed,
     Through peace to light.

I do not ask, O Lord, that Thou shouldst shed
     Full radiance here;
Give but a ray of peace, that I may tread
     Without a fear.

I do not ask my cross to understand,
     My way to see;
Better in darkness just to feel Thy hand,
     And follow Thee.

Joy is like restless day; but peace Divine
     Like quiet night:
Lead me, O Lord, till perfect day shall shine,
     Through peace to light. Amen

Adelaide A. Procter

No comments:

Post a Comment