To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Peonies and Lord, dost Thou say, “Ask what thou wilt


Lord, dost Thou say, “Ask what thou wilt?”
Then would I seize the golden hour:
I pray to be released from guilt,
And freed from sin and Satan’s power.

More of Thy presence, Lord, impart;
More of Thine image let me bear:
Erect Thy throne within my heart,
And reign without a rival there.

Give me to read my pardon sealed,
And from Thy joy to draw my strength:
O be Thy boundless love revealed
In all its height, and breadth, and length.

Grant these requests-I ask no more,
But to Thy care the rest resign:
Sick, or in health, or rich, or poor,
All shalt be well, if Thou art mine.

Rev. John Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment