To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Monday, November 15, 2010

Burgandy Violets and Jesus, Thy blood and righteousness

Jesus, Thy blood and righteousness
My beauty are, my glorious dress;
‘Midst flaming worlds, in these arrayed,
With joy shall I lift up my head.

Lord, I believe Thy precious blood,-
Which, at the mercy-seat of God,
Forever doth for sinners plead,-
For me, ev’n for my soul, was shed.

Bold shall I stand in Thy great day,
For who aught to my charge shall lay?
Fully absolved through these I am,
From sin and fear, from guilt and shame.

When from the dust of death I rise
To claim my mansion in the skies-
Ev’n then, this shall be all my plea:
Jesus hath lived and died for me.

This spotless robe the same appears,
When ruined nature sinks in years;
No age can change its glorious hue,
The robe of Christ is ever new.

O let the dead now hear Thy voice:
Now bid Thy banished ones rejoice;
Their beauty this, their glorious dress,
Jesus, the Lord our Righteousness.

Nicolaus L. von Zinzendorf; Tr. Rev. John Wesley

No comments:

Post a Comment