To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Monday, February 18, 2013

White Blossoms with Oh, what would I do without Jesus and My soul, be on thy guard

Oh, what would I do without Jesus,
When burden’d with guilt and with sin?
Who else could forgive my transgressions
Or cleanse the defilement within?

Oh, what would I do without Jesus,
When sorrow oppresses my heart?
Who else could relieve my distresses,
Or solace and comfort impart?

Oh, what would I do without Jesus,
When sin and temptation assail?
Who else can secure my deliv’rance,
And over the tempter prevail?

Oh, what would I do without Jesus,
When nearing the shadowy vale?
No other can cheer me and help me,
When all that is earthly shall fail.

Chorus
No other but Jesus, my Savior so dear,
Can be such a helper to me, to me;
He only, this Jesus, our gracious Redeemer,
My Lord and my Saviour shall be.
                               Elisha A. Hoffman


My soul, be on thy guard;
  Ten thousand foes arise;
The hosts of sin are pressing hard
  To draw thee from the skies.

O watch, and fight, and pray!
  The battle ne’er give o’er;
Renew it boldly every day,
  And help divine implore.

Ne’er think the victory won,
  Nor lay thine armor down:
Thy arduous work will not be done
  Till thou obtain thy crown.

Fight on, my soul, till death
  Shall bring thee to thy God:
He’ll take thee, at thy parting breath,
  Up to His blest abode.
        Rev. George Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment