To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Friday, February 8, 2013

Morning Glories, Pottery with Are you helping somewhere in this world of woe and God, of my life, to Thee I call

Are you helping somewhere in this world of woe,
That its heavy burdens may the lighter grow?
Is your life a blessing wheresoe’er you go?
Love and help are needed ev’rywhere.

Are you helping somewhere in this world of care?
Do you with your brother pain and sorrow share?
You will find your burdens lighter far to bear,
While you’re helping others anywhere.

Are you helping somewhere in this world of sin?
Do you seek the erring feet to gather in?
You may precious treasures for the Master win
By your faithful service ev’rywhere.

Chorus
Love and help are needed ev’rywhere,
In the homes of sorrow, in the homes of care;
Are some hearts the happier for your living here below?
Do you scatter sunshine wheresoe’er you go?
                                       F. S. Shepard
God of my life, to Thee I call;
Afflicted at Thy feet I fall:
When the great waterfloods prevail,
Leave not my trembling heart to fail.

Friend of the friendless and the faint,
Where should I lodge my deep complaint?
Where but with Thee, whose open door
Invites the helpless and the poor?

Did ever mourner plead with Thee,
And Thou refuse that mourner’s plea?
Does not the word still fixed remain,
That none shall seek Thy face in vain?

That were a grief I could not bear,
Didst Thou not hear and answer prayer;
But a prayer-hearing, answering God
Supports me under every load.

Poor though I am, despised, forgot,
Yet God, my God, forgets me not;
And he is safe, and must succeed,
For whom the Lord vouchsafes to plead.

William Cowper

No comments:

Post a Comment