To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Assorted Blue Flowers with Nearer, my God, to thee and Face to face with Christ my Savior

Nearer, my God, to thee,
Nearer to thee;
E’en tho’ it be a cross
That raiseth me,
Still all my song shall be

Tho’ like a wanderer,
The sun gone down,
Darkness be over me,
My rest a stone;
Yet in my dreams I’d be

There let the way appear
Steps unto heav’n;
All that thou sendest me,
In mercy giv’n;
Angels to beckon me

Then with my waking tho’ts
Bright with Thy praise,
Out of my stony griefs
Bethel I’ll raise;
So by my woes to be

Or if on joyful wing,
Cleaving the sky,
Sun, moon and stars forgot,
Upward I fly,
Still all my song shall be

Chorus
Nearer, my God, to thee!
Nearer, my God, to thee!
Nearer to thee!
                         Sarah F. Adams

Face to face with Christ my Savior,
Face to face-what will it be?
When with rapture I behold him,
Jesus Christ, who died for me.

Only faintly now, I see him,
With the darkling veil between,
But a blessed day is coming,
When his glory shall be seen.

What rejoicing in his presence,
When are banished grief and pain;
When the crooked ways are straightened,
And the dark things shall be plain.

Face to face! Oh, blissful moment!
Face to face-to see and know;
Face to face with my Redeemer,
Jesus Christ, who loves me so.

Chorus
Face to face I shall I behold him,
Far beyond the starry sky;
Face to face in all his glory,
I shall see him by and by!

Mrs. Frank A. Breck

No comments:

Post a Comment