To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Rainbow and In the secret of his presence

In the secret of his presence
I am kept from strife of tongues;
His pavilion is around me,
And within are ceaseless songs!
Stormy winds his word fulfiling,
Beat without, but cannot harm,
For the Master’s voice is stilling,
Storm and tempest to a calm.

In the secret of his presence
All the darkness disappears;
For a sun, that knows no setting,
Throws a rainbow on my tears.
So the day grows ever lighter,
Broad’ning to the perfect noon;
So the day grows ever brighter,
Heav’n is coming, near and soon.

In the secret of his presence
Nevermore can foes alarm;
In the shadow of the Highest
I can meet them with a psalm;
For the strong pavilion hides me,
Turns their fiery darts aside,
And I know whate’er betides me,
I shall live because He died!

In the secret of his presence
Is a sweet unbroken rest;
Pleasures, joys, in glorious fulness,
Making earth like Eden blest:
So my peace grows deep and deeper,
Widening as it nears the sea,
For my Savior is my Keeper,
Keeping mine and keeping me!

Chorus:
In the secret of his presence
Jesus keeps, I know not how;
In the shadow of the Highest,
I am resting, hiding now.

Rev. Henry Burton, M. A.

No comments:

Post a Comment