To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Friday, August 1, 2014

Peonies with Thy gracious presence, O my God and Thy gracious presence, O my God

  Thy gracious presence, O my God,
  All that I wish contains;
With this, beneath affliction’s load,
  My heart no more complains.

 This can my every care control,
  Gild each dark scene with light;
This is the sunshine of the soul;
  Without it all is night.

  O happy scenes above the sky,
  Where thy full beams impart
Unclouded beauty to the eye,
  And rapture to the heart!

  Her portion in those realms of bliss,
  My spirit longs to know;
My wishes terminate in this,
  Nor can they rest below.

  Lord, shall the breathings of my heart
  Aspire in vain to thee?
Confirm my hope, that where thou art
  I shall forever be.

  Then shall my cheerful spirit sing
  The darksome hours away,
And rise, on faith’s expanded wing,
  To everlasting day.         
                         Anne Steele


Give me the wings of faith to rise
  Within the veil, and see
The saints above, how great their joys,
  And bright their glories be.

Once they were mourning here below,
  And wet their couch with tears;
They wrestled hard, as we do now,
  With sins, and doubts, and fears.

I ask them whence their victory came;
  They, with united breath,
Ascribe their conquest to the Lamb,
  Their triumph to His death.

They marked the footsteps that He trod,
  His zeal inspired their breast;
And, following their incarnate God,
  Possess the promised rest.

Our glorious Leader claims our praise
  For His own pattern given,
While the long cloud of witnesses
  Show the same path to heaven.
                          Rev. Isaac Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment