To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Cosmos and Zinnias with Though waves and storms go o'er my head and My God and Father, while I stray

  Though waves and storms go o’er my head,
  Though strength, and health, and friends be gone;
Though joys be withered all, and dead,
  Though every comfort be withdrawn;
On this my steadfast soul relies,-
Father, thy mercy never dies.

  Fixed on this ground will I remain,
  Though my heart fail, and flesh decay;
This anchor shall my soul sustain,
  When earth’s foundations melt away;
Mercy’s full power I then shall prove,
Loved with an everlasting love.
                     Johann A. Rothe, tr. by J. Wesley

My God and Father, while I stray
Far from my home in life’s rough way,
O teach me from my heart to say,
     Thy will be done.

Though dark my path and sad my lot,
Let me be still and murmur not,
Or breathe the prayer Divinely taught,
     Thy will be done.

If thou shouldst call me to resign
What most I prize, it ne’er was mine;
I only yield Thee what was Thine:
    Thy will be done.

If but my fainting heart be blest
With Thy sweet Spirit for its guest,
My God, to Thee I leave the rest;
     Thy will be done.

Renew my will from day to day;
Blend it with Thine, and take away
All that now makes it hard to say,
     Thy will be done.

Then, when on earth I breathe no more
The prayer oft mixed with tears before,
I’ll sing upon a happier shore,
     Thy will be done.
                      Charlotte Elliott

No comments:

Post a Comment