To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Jewelry with The trusting heart goes singing and Jesus, I love Thy charming name

The trusting heart goes singing,
Whatever may betide,
To Jesus’ promise clinging,
Redeemer, Friend, and Guide.

The trusting heart is ready
To do the Master’s will,
With purpose true and steady,
His bidding to fulfill.

The trusting heart with gladness
Receives all heav’nly gifts;
In days of grief and sadness,
The song of hope it lifts.

Chorus

Singing, singing,
The trusting heart goes singing;
Taking Jesus at His word,
Following where His call is heard,
The trusting heart goes singing, singing, singing.
        J. H. Johnston


Jesus, I love Thy charming name,
  ‘Tis music to mine ear;
Fain would I sound it out so loud
  That earth and heav’n should hear.

Yes, Thou art precious to my soul,
  My joy, my hope, my trust;
Jewels to Thee are gaudy toys,
  And gold is sordid dust.

All my capacious powers can wish,
  In Thee doth richly meet;
Nor to mine eyes is light so dear,
  Nor friendship half so sweet.

Thy grace still dwells upon my heart,
  And sheds its fragrance there,-
The noblest balm of all its wounds,
  The cordial of its care.

I’ll speak the honors of Thine name
  With my last laboring breath;
Then, speechless, clasp Thee in mine arms,
  The antidote of death.
        Rev. Philip Doddridge

No comments:

Post a Comment